Losing weight concerns the majority of the people in our country, especially women. It is usually the top priority when we plan to become fit. However, losing weight is not a quick and easy process and may require months to show results. If you follow the fitness plan with discipline and patience, you can achieve a healthy lifestyle and weight control. Many of us have this misunderstanding that weight loss requires a rigorous diet plan, or you shouldn’t be eating at all to achieve your goal. Intermittent fasting, weight loss pills, or medicines, and the keto diet is also believed to help in losing weight, but all these methods are temporary; in other words, wrong. All of us require a balanced diet that consists of the right proportions of all food groups.
Usually, if you habitually eat the same kind of food since childhood, you are more likely to lose weight in a shorter period. This is because our bodies become accustomed to that specific food and react negatively if we add fancy foods to our diet more often. Many people have complaints that they do not find any proper diet plans according to the foods consumed in Pakistan. In this blog, we will share a complete Pakistani diet food plans to accelerate your weight loss journey in just seven days. This plan is beneficial because all our desi foods are balanced and consist of all components like lentils, grains, vegetables, fruits, and dairy. All these foods can be cooked in hundreds of different ways. Moreover, there are loads of Pakistani spices that are very healthy such as, garlic, turmeric, chilies, cardamom, and basil. A Pakistani diet plan for losing weight has been gaining a lot of popularity in women, mainly because more women are now working in offices and at home because they need the correct nutrition and a well-balanced diet.
Pakistani Weight Loss Diet Tips
While you are observing a Pakistani diet plan for losing weight, the following tips could be useful.
● Prepare fresh meals.
● Make sure that all the food groups are included in your diet plan.
● Have a wholesome and hearty breakfast.
● Try taking your breakfast within 20 minutes after waking up.
● Have a mediocre lunch like lentils, vegetable salad, curd with roti, or chickpeas.
● Take a light dinner such as lentils with a spoon or one kabab with brown bread.
● Have your dinner at least 3 hours before you go to sleep.
● Take mini-meals in between your main meals like fruits and nuts.
● Water is an essential part of a balanced diet. Take at least eight glasses of water daily.
● Avoid starvation or a zero carb diet for weight loss.
List of healthy Pakistani foods to include in weight loss diet.
● Fruits & Vegetables: The best vitamin source are fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, cabbage, okra, mushrooms, spinach, pomegranate, papaya, apples, and bananas.
● Legumes: This food group is an integral part of a Pakistani diet that includes chickpeas, black-eyed peas, lentils, kidney beans, and pulses.
● Dairy Products: A Pakistani mean is not complete without dairy products like curd, yogurt, milk, buttermilk, and cheese.
● Proteins: You can get your proteins from chicken, fish, nuts, and seeds in a Pakistani diet.
7- Day Pakistani Diet Plan for Losing Weight.
Below is a super easy Pakistani diet for you all to follow to maintain a balance between getting proper nutrition and your weight loss journey. You can also make little moderations according to your preference.
Breakfast: Egg sandwich (Brown bread) with a glass of milk.
Lunch: Whole-grain roti with one kind of lentils.
Dinner: Plain chicken curry with a green salad and multi-grain roti.
Breakfast: Chana Daal with a spoon. A glass of milk.
Lunch: Chickpeas curry with brown rice.
Dinner: Sprout salad. Potato paratha with mint yogurt.
Breakfast: Porridge, any flavor of your choice. Fruits like apple or guava.
Lunch: Whole-grain roti with mixed vegetables cooked in minimum oil.
Dinner: Bottle gourd cooked with spinach with two multi-grain rotis. You can also add chunks of chicken.
Breakfast: Yogurt with fruits like papaya, apple, and grapes. One boiled egg white.
Lunch: Daal with vegetables like peas and beans. Brown rice.
Dinner: Green salad. Chicken curry cooked in low-fat oil with brown rice. One bowl of fruits.
Breakfast: Oats. A glass of milk and one sliced apple.
Lunch: Grilled chicken fillet with mint yogurt. You can have it with or without whole-grain roti.
Dinner: Potato and spinach curry with two multi-grain rotis.
Breakfast: Multi-grain paratha with yogurt or a bowl of cereal.
Lunch: Large bowl of salad. Curry pakora with brown rice. Fruits.
Dinner: Grilled chicken cooked in tikka masala. Green salad.
Breakfast: Porridge with one sliced fruit like mango or papaya. One glass of milk.
Lunch: Vegetable or lentil soup. Brown rice and daal. Hummus
Dinner: Fish or chicken with or without multi-grain roti. Green salad.
Some Healthy Snack Options for Mini-meals.
As we told you that you should have a few mini-meals apart from your main meals throughout the day, so here we have compiled a list of few healthy snacks that you can consume during your weight loss journey.
● Green tea or fruits in buttermilk.
● Protein shakes with nuts.
● Veg and cheese sandwich.
● Walnuts, cashew nuts, and dates.
● Fruit salads.
● Fruit smoothies.
All these foods are capable of providing you the carbohydrates, proteins, and fats that your body requires throughout the day.
List of Foods that You Should Avoid.
Processed foods and beverages are high in sugar, and calories should be avoided if you want to lose weight quicker. These foods do not only make your weight gain but harm your health all over. Occasionally, you can have them, but too much food consumption leads to chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Here are the list f foods that you should avoid to lose maximum weight.
● Carbonated drinks.
● Sweeteners like sugar and condensed milk.
● Candies, ice creams, cakes, puddings, etc. have high sugar content in them.
● Fatty foods like french fries, chips, and other fried items.
● Trans fats like margarine and clarified butter.
● Other foods like white bread, white pasta, and canola oil should also be avoided.
In conclusion, if you would follow this diet regularly with a little physical work out, it would help you lose weight within a month and lead to a very healthy lifestyle. Here is a useful recipe video that you should watch to have an idea of how to make your salad and other healthy foods.